Graham & Co Lettings & Property Management in Andover
Graham & Co’s lettings and property management department, offer’s all Landlords an unrivalled level of customer service. The business has gone from strength to strength in recent years, largely based on recommendations from satisfied clients. We are an independently owned company which allows us to be flexible in order to cater to your individual requirements.
Our dedicated lettings team are experienced property professionals who are able to guide you through the process of letting your property. They have a wealth of local knowledge which is invaluable to both Landlords and Tenants alike.
We use a range of effective marketing tools to ensure your property is exposed to the widest possible market. This includes extensive on-line marketing; advertising in local newspapers; marketing from our smart readily accessible office’s including advertising your property with our; eye catching lettings boards; and of course our famous brightly coloured Smart cars.
Why use Graham & Co?
- Dedicated lettings department
- Experienced, friendly and approachable staff
- Prime central located office open seven days a week
- Competitive fee structure with no hidden costs
- Fast marketing upon instruction
- Buy-to-let advice
Levels Of Service
- FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE - 9.6% INCLUSIVE OF VAT
- TENANT FIND AND RENT COLLECTION SERVICE – 7.2% INCLUSIVE OF VAT
- TENANT FIND SERVICE – 2 WEEKS OF THE CALANDAR MONTHLY RENT + VAT
Landlord services and fees:
We appreciate that your property is a valuable investment so whether you are a first time landlord or an experienced buy-to-let investor with a substantial portfolio, we can help you achieve your goals and make the best return on your property whilst also making sure we find the right tenant.
Initially we carry out a rental appraisal where we can discuss which level of service is best suited to your needs.
Graham & Co offer three different levels of service:
FULL MANAGEMENT SERVICE
This is a full and comprehensive service which is the most popular with our landlords as it relieves you all of the day to day hassle and would include:
- Arranging for an Energy Performance Certificate to be drawn up if necessary (additional cost)
- Vet prospective tenants through a referencing agency
- To ascertain if a potential tenant has the Right to Rent under section 22 of the Immigration Act 2014
- Arrange a Legionnaire's Disease Risk Assessment to be carried out (additional cost)
- Prepare an inventory by an independent inventory clerk (additional cost)
- Organise for a check in inspection at the commencement of the tenancy by an independent inventory clerk wherever practical
- Draw up the tenancy agreement and relevant notices (additional cost). The agent will sign the agreement on behalf of the landlord unless otherwise instructed.
- Collect a security deposit and register with The Deposit Protection Service
- Collect the rent from the tenant each month and pay the landlord the balance of the funds less any fees or expenses.
- Compile a rent statement each month and provide this to the landlord.
- Arrange for the utilities (electric, gas, water and council tax) at the commencement and end of the tenancy.
- Address routine maintenance issues and pay contractors invoices from rents received.
- Carry out routine inspection visits three times a year and provide the landlord with written report.
- Check out the tenants with inspection at the end of the tenancy (additional cost) and deal with and dilapidations etc and dispersal of the security deposit after agreement with the landlord and tenant.
TENANT FIND AND RENT COLLECTION
For landlords who wish us to administer their rent but deal with repairs and maintenance themselves, we offer a rent collection service. We market the property following our initial visit, arrange accompanied viewings, find a suitable tenant for the property, run full tenant referencing checks, organise a professional inventory and draw up all the necessary legal paperwork for sign up and move in and arrange for a check in with an independent inventory clerk. We also collect and transfer the first months rent, deposit and on going monthly rental payments, chasing any late rent payments when necessary.
TENANT FIND ONLY
This is broadly the same service as Rent Collection but minus the on going collection of the rental payments and statements.
ADDITIONAL FEES (inclusive of VAT)
Preparation of the tenancy agreement - £120.00
Inventory dependant on size - £96.00 - £216.00
Check out fee - £180.00
Update of inventory in the event of a new tenant - 50% of the original cost
Renewal of tenancy agreement - £90.00
Preparation of EPC - £114.00
Legionnaire Risk Assessment - £96.00
Looking to rent a property?
Graham & Co aim to help every tenant who registers with us to find their perfect home that meets all their requirements.
Looking for a property to rent can be a time-consuming/daunting task, so having the support of an experienced, knowledgeable and friendly letting agent can make all the difference.
Whether you can only view properties at a certain time (OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK) or you have a strict budget, we will do all we can to match your needs with suitable properties to rent on our extensive database.
All tenants must be 18 years or over.
All our properties are let for a minimum term of 6 months.
All rent are exclusive of council tax, water rates, gas, electricity and telephone costs unless otherwise stated.
All applicants are required to pay the referencing fee and complete an online form through our referencing partner Homelet. As part of the referencing process, you will be required to provide personal details ranging from name and address to occupation and salary. You will also be asked to provide financial, employer and previous landlord’s references as we can only agree to a tenancy subject to satisfactory replies to the references. The process also includes a search of your credit history and contacting your previous landlord or agent if you have rented before.
We are required by law to ascertain if a potential tenant has the Right to Rent under section 22 of the Immigration Act 2014. We require sight of original documents and paper copies must be held in our files. For individuals, we require a passport, bio-metric residence permit or driving licence and birth certificate, which is supported by an official document such as a council tax or utility bill.
For companies, we require a copy of the annual accounts including the auditors report and a copy of the company registration letter. Failing this, individual identification as above is required from two directors.
Payable upon commencement of a tenancy- usually equivalent to 5 weeks rent.
This deposit will be forwarded to the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) where it will be held until the end of the tenancy. The deposit is held to cover any breakages, damage, rent arrears or other tenant liabilities.
First months rent:
Payable in advance.
Methods of payment:
Payment of the first months rent and security deposit must be made by bank transfer, bankers draft, building society cheque, debit or credit card. Cash is not acceptable.
Rents are payable by standing order to our company bank account monthly in advance with the first months rent due before taking occupation of the property.
Search our database of properties to let in Andover and surrounding areas.