Buying a new home under Covid-19 & Social Distancing
With the recent news of the ease of lockdown restrictions during the coronavirus pandemic, you may be wondering where that leaves you when it comes to buying a new home?
Whilst some may have put their buying plans on hold, there are still ways to find your dream home under social distancing restrictions. If you’re thinking about buying a new home and in some cases, a ‘New Build’, we have many properties available and will be able to guide you through the process, even from a distance.
Some of the things we can do to help you purchase a home with Social Distancing in place:
- Hold a call with you to discuss financial eligibility and talk you through the new build buying options available.
- Arrange a call with our mortgage adviser so you can discover how much you will be able to borrow and get the best rates.
- Arrange virtual tours and answer all questions about a new property you would like to view to help you get the best insights possible.
- We are arranging socially distanced appointments at our offices – ask us about viewings and the logistics for the property you are interested in.
Why Buy a New Build Property?
Some prospective homeowners may wish to invest in a ‘New Build’ (a more recently built home, usually within a new development area) rather than an older property, for many reasons. Some of the benefits of purchasing a New Build include:
- Affordability – You can purchase New Build homes via incentive and Government schemes such as Help to Buy and Shared Ownership.
- You will be the first owner of the home, meaning there will be no buying chain and make the process more straight forward.
- Some New Build properties may come with a warranty.
- Many New Build homes are more economical to run with lower costs for bills, due to being built to a modern high standard.
- Sometimes, if the property is still being built, you can work with the construction company to personalize the build such as kitchen styles and other fixtures and fittings.
Don’t let coronavirus stop you from buying your dream home – call us today and talk to our friendly team about your options for purchasing a home, New Build property or to see what other properties we have available in your area.
Call us on 01264 356500 or send us an email via our contact us form so we can call you back.