Checklist of Tips to Make Your Home Photo Ready for Selling or Letting
It has always been the case that, when planning to sell or let your home, great photos help to encourage prospective movers to choose your property. However, now more than ever, with social distancing in place and online viewings being more frequent, videos and photos of your property are important to help give people a real feel for what it is like.
We often work with sellers or landlords to ensure that their properties are in the best condition possible for their potential customers and there are a few things that you can do to help get your home ‘photo-ready’. We have put together a checklist of ideas that may help you with your ‘spring cleaning’ whilst in lock down, and help to show your property at it’s best – ready for the next video tour and in preparation for listing your property for online viewing.
Some examples include:
- Set the scene, put some wine and glasses out to show your entertaining space in all its glory.
- Remove pet paraphernalia as not all people have or like living with pets and it helps them visualize themselves living in the space
- Make sure all lights are working and that loose cables are tidied or hidden away
There are also some things you can prepare to make your virtual tour run smoothly, in the same way that we might prepare for showing someone around the property in person:
- Have keys for patio doors ready
- If you are able to, obtain some fresh flowers to put out when capturing your home on camera
- Make sure all clutter is tidied away to make the journey around your property is free of any objects that may look messy or get in the way
These are often things you may not think of. Subtle things like making sure your un-emptied rubbish bin is not in the photo, or removing too many personal items from a room to help give the person viewing, an idea of what it would be like if they lived in the property.
We hope that this useful checklist will help you and if you would like some help and advice selling or letting your home, you can contact us and speak to a friendly member of our team.